Hello, Meghan here!
I am a pre-licensed professional passionate about working with women battling low self-esteem and anxiety.
What can low self-esteem and anxiety look like? It can look like pressure to have everything ‘just right’, people pleasing, or neglecting to take care of oneself. Another major sign, and an area that I am passionate about helping my clients re-write, are self-defeating negative thoughts.
You might be thinking, “Doesn’t everyone struggle with this? What made them decide it was time to get help?” I believe everyone deserves relief from these issues but life transitions are often the initial reason that bring individuals into my care.
At Rowan Tree Counseling, my goal is to instill in my clients a sense of empowerment … and they do. My clients leave with a newly developed sense of self-worth, freedom from unrealistic expectations, life balance, and strategies to create meaningful and sustainable life changes.
I have spent the past eight years learning and helping individuals understand their authentic self. My journey so far includes:
- B.A in Health and Counseling Psychology from Emmanuel College
- M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Marymount University
- Credentialed as a Nationally Certified Counselor
- Individual, group, and couples counseling to individuals with mental health and substance use.
Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP).
- I am a candidate for becoming a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC).
When I’m not at my private practice, I work with adolescents with mental health and substance use disorders.
Outside of work you can find me kickboxing, crafting, or enjoying a book curled up with my cat, Tonks.